Asda Hypermarkets UK

Supermarket Retail

A hypermarket retail concept in Milton Keynes, England. Interior store design, brand strategy, marketing communications and graphics.

Asda marketing campaign concept more for you at Asda price store branding
Branding the store exterior.

Consumers continually ask:
"What's in it for me?"
The answer:

"Expect more and pay less."

The solution to ASDA's marketing strategy of "Always low prices" was found in a partial quote from Shakespeare. "More for you"

Asda more for you at Asda price promotion and branding

"More for you at ASDA Price!" A new marketing strategy was born.

We focused on the benefit of shopping at ASDA.

Values associated with stewardship of the land, the seasons of agricultural production, community and low prices.

Exterior store branding car park navigation signage concept for Asda more for you at Asda price

To be the bridge

The solution to the one dimension proposition problem of communicating price was in a three-dimensional approach to communicating benefits. Values associated with stewardship of the land, the relationship of seasons to agricultural production, the farmer, the individual and the community offered a surprising array of marketing opportunities.

The “More” concept emerged along the following lines `and reasons. Consumers continually ask, “What’s in it for me?” The answer is “More for you”. Expect more and pay less. By being more contemporary and more confident, management grasped the success in delivering on an expectation of more. "More for you at ASDA Price!”

The concept then took shape: More local, More fresh, More healthy, More caring and More committed. Why was the “More” concept relevant?

More local – ASDA source more local produce within 15 miles of their stores than any other supermarket;

More fresh – ASDA committed to reducing the amount of GM food; More healthy – ASDA food pledge aims to reduce fat, salt and sugar levels in ASDA brand products;

More caring – ASDA put their customers, the community and the environment first; More committed – 60% of all waste recycled and we’re working on the other 40%; More freshness – The time it takes to get food to the stores has reduced by sourcing more British food where possible.

Hypermarket car park  planning and navigation concept for Asda
Car park navigation signage concept for Asda more for you at Asda price
Car park wayfinding navigation and POS system for the hypermarket.
Asda Supermarket car park marketing and promotion concept
In store department graphics forwine and fruit and vegetables, more for you at Asda price
Asda shopping bag design more for you at Asda price
Asda health and beauty design and planning sketches
Asda health and beauty branding concept
Asda promotions suite for hypermarket gondola end and aisle